GOAL: To serve all taxpayers of Hamilton County by putting them first!
Take oversight of the treasury of approximately $1.4 billion in real estate taxes collected on an annual basis.
Make government more accountable to the taxpayers through increased public review of the County Treasurer’s budget and expenditures.
Ensure that your tax dollars are responsibly disbursed to schools, the public library, the zoo, parks, mental health agencies, etc.
INVESTMENT OF YOUR TAX DOLLARS:
Work effectively with the County Investment Advisory Committee in balancing safety, liquidity and return on all collected Hamilton County real estate taxes annually.
PROMOTE AN IMPARTIAL TAX APPEAL PROCESS:
Assure that all real estate taxpayers are treated equally, fairly and justly during the real estate tax appeal process and hearing relative to the Board of Revision.
Work as a team with the County Auditor and the president of the board of County Commissioners to make certain that all taxpayers are treated with dignity and respect.
HAMILTON COUNTY LAND REUTILIZATION CORPORATION:
Work with the county team to find innovative, creative, and effective best practices related to the following:
1. Encourage more new home ownership opportunities for families with children.
2. Support residential and commercial developers to assist with redevelopment and the elimination of neighborhood blight.
3. Expand the county’s tax base or tax revenues by bringing properties that are not producing tax revenues up to code.
4. Promote equal opportunities and equitable redevelopment of county real estate.
5. Increase jobs and entrepreneurship in the revitalization of real estate opportunities.